Thursday 24 November 2016

Taking a chance



So this came into my inbox one day recently!







Hi Madie, 
GoGo Getaway is on the search for inspirational and creative designers to join our team...
GoGo Getaway has been running successful scrapbooking retreats and day events since 2008, with our 17th retreat at Theobalds Park, Hertfordshire, taking place in October 2016. Dedication to offering professional event organisation, personal touches, technique based classes and enthusiastic tutors, are what makes the GoGo brand stand out from the crowd.
Design Team Incentives:
  • Attend GoGo Getaway (as a delegate who teaches) at just 50% of the package cost
  • Two additional class kits
  • Access to support and promotion as a designer in your own right
  • Opportunity to run bespoke day events in your area with professional guidance and marketing support from GoGo
  • Regular Design Team weekends and meet ups
  • 10% discount with Hey Little Magpie (online and at GoGoGetaway)
  • Design Team membership will run for a 12 month period starting from October 2016 (Please note that your first event as a Design Team member will be March 2017)
Design Team Expectations:
  • To design and teach two classes per event using products supplied to you in kit form
  • Photograph and supply clear images of designs to meet with deadlines
  • Prepare step by step notes for class instruction hand outs
  • Deliver your class within the classroom setting and willingness to engage with delegates outside of the classroom
  • Actively promote GoGo on social media
How to Apply:
Please submit the following to mail@gogo-getaway.co.uk using this email link by Monday 26th September:
  • Name, location and email address
  • Social media links
  • Design teams you are currently on (you do not have to be on any DTs in order to apply)
  • A few sentences on what you feel you can bring to the team
  • Three scrapbook layouts that reflect your own style and creative strengths baring in mind GoGo classes are always technique based. These can be links to those you have online or emailed as attachments. These must of course be your own work.
Everyone is welcome to apply but the ability to travel to Theobalds Park in Hertfordshire is a necessity.
Successful applicants will be contacted within two weeks of the submission deadline. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you wish to discuss submitting an entry or any other questions about this Design Team Call.

Good Luck,

Janice, Lorraine & Niki xx



So I ummed and arhhe'd for ages before deciding to put in for my application to the Gogo-Getaway design team call. I've applied before for other teams and it's always disappointing to be rejected for anything. But I have a dream 'B' plan for what my perfect working life would be. Doing something creative features in that. Lots of people have suggested that I should try and run my own classes or crops.  Then came the conundrum of what should I send that would best show my work? I am really a card maker and I joined the scrapbook kit subscription to force myself to get over the fear of scraping on a piece of 12 x 12 paper and all the other questions that come with it like what on earth do you scrap? I don't have children and my life is not that eventful. What I've really learnt over the years is that you shouldn't have compare yourself to anyone else or their art. It's your own interpretation of life that's important  and it's your experiences that you are documenting and that's what counts. What I wanted was like minded people to craft with my closest friends and family don't craft and can't get their heads around the addiction to paper! Readers you know where I'm coming from... Over the year's I've made some lovely crafty friends and it has really helped me grow to try new techniques and develop a style.

So I took the advice and took the plunge and look what happened!


GoGo Getaway recently made a call out for applications to join our design team. We would like to thank everyone who took the time to share their designs with us. We are now very excited to announce the new Team GoGo and would like to extend a warm welcome to:


Esther Peck
Giselle Homer
Kim Woods
Kirei Baldwin
Lisa Griffin
Madie Ager-Warner
Nancy Sinclair
Sarah Packer
Terri-Ann Morris

 

 

Saying goodbye to design team members is always tinged with sadness and yet joy of what they have brought to the team. We would like to extend a massive thank you to Louise Fortune and Rebekah Brumby for their fantastic designs and being part of Team GoGo. We are sure you will join us in wishing both Rebekah and Louise the very best of luck for the future.

Starting tomorrow we will be meeting each member of the team over the next nine days. Why not come and say hello to them over on the GoGo Getaway Facebook group
 
Happy scrapping

Janice, Lorraine & Niki xxx
 


The wait for the announcement was agonizing as we had to wait for the October's Gogo-Getaway to come and pass and then finally it was announced.  Goodness it was hard to keep secret! I've had so many well wishes and lovely comments I couldn't be happier, now comes the worry that I'm not going to be good enough and what happens if no-one wants to take my classes gulp! I can't wait to get going, I will teach at the events in October and November 2017.

Here are the three layouts that I sent with my application






And here's the welcome to the Design Team post that went out on Facebook






Meet Madie!
What is your favourite manufacturer?
What is your favourite colour?
What are your favourite scrapping snacks?
Do you prefer music/tv or the ‘sound of silence’ when scrapping?
Just because.............. Chocolate or Chips?
“I love stamping, die cutting and things mixed media. If I had to pick to favourite manufacturer it would be hard but Ranger, Tim Holtz , Stampin up and American crafts. I do have a soft spot for Heidi Swapp, Crate Paper and Pink Paislee.
My favourite colour - the rainbow, although I think that's cheating.
I try not to snack when crafting, I'm clumsy but have been known to enjoy a tipple!
Netflix is my go to, I do like a box set.
Hmm my last snack on Earth would be chips and not the kind you find in the packet….”
Welcome to the team Madie.


No comments:

Post a Comment